Slap on the Wrist File
Remember an East Chicago Poe-Poe told me that there was a “slap on the wrist file” at the police station. This guy had just had a “fallout” with King Kong. So, this source was “good to go”. Alleged that if you screwed up and were cool with King Kong. You could skate. Note: Policy was allegedly on the way when Mayor Bob Pastrick was Mayor of East Chicago. The report would be put in a slap on the wrist file to keep away from the newspaper. Street took mental notes as he listened to Poe-Poe who was taking me to school.
Street already has written about a potential cover-up involving woman driver and a head honcho at East Chicago Poe-Poe. Head honcho is “cool” with Mayor Copeland, and he “skates”. Source close to the backstory tells me that East Chicago Poe-Poe hasn’t been forthcoming with a request from the media. CAD call is the report from the radio room at East Chicago Poe-Poe on police report #17EC26962.
Legendary Slap on the Wrist Files
1. Mark Montemayor – used to beat his wife.
2. Will Askew – in jail right now and hasn’t been fired
3. Willie Pabey – stole $6,000 dollars in bail bond money
4. Ernestine Bass -- nickname shot out estranged husband’s car windows
5. George Pabey – shot and killed Gilbert Bonilla
6. Frank smith – before he was police chief, was fraternizing with a “C.I.” to be kind
Police Chief Frank Smith knows who she is.